With the Grenfell cladding inquiry currently underway, there are many lessons for the Australian building and construction sector that can be applied from the UK experience.
The 2nd Annual Safe Cladding, Buildings and Facade Innovation Summit will take place in Sydney on 27-28 Feb.
As a special offer, save 15% off your ticket for this leading event. Simply use the VIP code LANNOCK-15 when registering to receive the discount.
Hear from Roy Wilsher, Chair of the UK National Fire Chiefs Council as he outlines what remediation steps are being taken to implement effective fire protection and risk mitigation strategies that are looking to be adopted both here in Australia and in the UK.
He will be joined by over 30 local and international industry leaders including:
• Hon Karen Andrews MP, Minister for Industry, Science and Technology, Australian Federal Government
• Gary Strong, Global Building Standards Director, Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors; Chair, International Fire Safety Standards Coalition (UK)
• Philip Halton, Deputy Commissioner, Queensland Building and Construction Commission
• John Prendergast, Manager Building Services, City Of Greater Dandenong; President of Victorian Municipal Building Surveyors Group
• Paul Morton, CEO, Lannock Strata Finance
Engage with your industry colleagues to explore potential solutions including developing a nationally consistent approach to regulatory reform; remediation of existing building stock; innovations in design and building facades that can be applied to make future buildings safer and developing an insurance approach to cladding within the current market.
Use the VIP code LANNOCK-15 when registering to receive the discount. This 15% saving is valid until 15/2/19.
Find out more here: http://scb.aventedge.com/